Absolutely Incredible

Friday, April 29, 2005

I feel good!

Now this is a bit strange because ... yesterday someone I know at Meharry said they are only taking citizens and residents, and the last person I spoke with at Vandy said if I don't get in I shd retake the MCATs cos they had many applicants with really high scores this year(mine were just alright).
So I was thinking ...in 5 yrs, ideally where would I want to be ...and I'm thinking - I want to either be an MD or be on the way to becoming one ...so Q is how bad do u want it?
Bad enuff to retake the MCATs and reapply???? Just incase I don't get in cos Vandy hasn't yarned yet.
Bad enuff to study with my heart, b/c I'm working for something I want ...
bad enuff to give my money to AMCAS for the third year running (man!!!)

I'm just really grateful to God ...that I'm not feeling all sad and stuff ...and I'm putting all this up here ...so if at some point in the future I get depressed abt the fact that I just might not be getting into med sch this yr, I can come back and read this ...and remember a time when I was not depressed abt it :)
In the mean time ...b/c God has mercy on me ... I actually got up this morning and did some work! and it felt so good, so with God's help that I need like crazy ...I'm going to require the best of myself regardless of what it is I'm doing ... no more ten page papers that I write and I have no clue abt its contents, no more nonsense ...if I'm here with the MPA for the next year, by God's grace I will do my best ...and I will keep shadowing Dr. Z ... and I will retake the MCATs, (but man I have to register now) phew!!! I'm just really grateful to God that this does not feel as terrible as I would have imagined ... I can handle it ...b/c of God ..and maybe I'll even apply for the MD/PhD!!! I'm just thankful that I'm not down in the dumps abt this ...ofcourse I shd carry out an extensive evaluation of myself ...to be sure that this whole MD thing is what I want ...before I go on another round with AMCAS. It is well with my soul ... b/c God holds me together...and BGG I'm going to LU tomorrow :)

1 Comments:

  • At 9:33 AM, Blogger Omoba said…

    u're really sweet :) that's the only reason u get away with all the high-profile crimes u commit. That's the only reason why I call u even tho u only call me once a yr .... but that's not the only reason y u're my friend ..I'm sure there's a couple more reasons for that one :) ... I'd list them now ...but I'm off to catch Dr. Z ... hope today's better than last week ...just have to get used to seeing naked ppl :(

     

Post a Comment

<< Home