Absolutely Incredible

Friday, April 22, 2005

Pelvic exam

Two words - not pretty.
No, I did not have the exam, I watched the exam and I actually felt dizzy!!! OK, I started shadowing Dr. Z today, and at first she didn't have any patients, so I sat with 2 pediatric residents and she was going over some stuff, like case studies ...and that was pretty cool, I even knew like 2 answers ....
and then she gets a patient ....who needs a pelvic exam, and she goes over the thing on paper with me (which is cool, I like all these things ON PAPER) and then we get down to it ... and I'm kinda standing far off, but she calls me to come see .... so I go see .... and it's just weird seeing INSIDE somebody ... so she swabs and gets cells out, and then we go examine them under the microscope .... but man! I'm feeling queasy bad, I need to sit down, I need some water .... so I go back to the office and sit, I don't know where to find water.

And I start thinking more seriously abt becoming a psychologist, or a biochemist ... take GREs and do something ... cos it wasn't surgery, it wasn't a birth, it was just a 5 min exam ...
then Dr. Z comes back and asks if I wanna see the next pt and she finds me holding my head in my hands ... fortunately she doesn't burst into laughter or nothing, she finds me some water, reports to all the other docs that I don't feel too good after this pelvic exam I just witnessed ... and she says I'll get used to it ... b/c she felt like that after her first surgery (but that was SURGERY)

Oh well, we'll see how this goes .... maybe I'll be taking the GREs after all .... but I hope I can handle it tho .... I still feel like throwing up .... and I thot my prob wud be the pain ... but there was no pain involved today.

And that's today's story.

1 Comments:

  • At 6:52 AM, Blogger Omoba said…

    well I'm going back in 2 days and I hope it'll be better. BUt I don't feel like throwing up anymore

     

Post a Comment

<< Home