Absolutely Incredible

Thursday, May 19, 2005

Who Moved My Cheese?

I read this book recently ... it was way shorter than any adult book I have ever read ... but it was a good bk. It was mostly talking about how we deal with life's changes ... how we can be alert and notice subtle changes and figure out what to do before it becomes a major issue ...or we can be oblivious to the little things, allow them to become big things ...

In the book, there's 2 grps of ppl. 1st grp notices that the cheese they feed on (Ok, they're rats) is diminishing, so they start looking around for new cheese deposits, 2nd grp just keeps on eating this cheese and don't think abt the fact that it could run out. So by the time it runs out, 1st grp had scouted around and found new cheese ...2nd grp shows up one day, and there's no cheese ... and they LOSE IT!!! Who, what, why ...it's so unfair, we're gonna die ... God, take me now ...there's no more food ...and it's all over ...

But after a while one of the guys who had been crying and shouting, decides to go find more cheese, u need to go thru a maze and it's difficult, but it was better than sitting and crying, so he got up and started ...but the 2nd guy would not leave, he said he didn't think there was hope, blah, blah ... so one of them finds more cheese after a long, hard struggle, the other guy ... we don't know what happened to him.

And I thot it was a pretty interesting book, cos y'all know that I'm well versed in "WHY??!! it's not fair, I wish it was all different, I wanted THAT, it's SO not fair ... and I'm not doing anything anymore cos it's pointless, nothing ever works right... boo hoo hoo" hehe ... but if it doesn't move us forward, why do it? Why do we sit ...and think abt what could have been or moan about what happened or didn't happen, and if only all that happened or not happened, I would be sooo happy ... I guess it's natural, and easier to do ...

BUT we gotta get up and find new cheese :) we can do it now, or we can do it after stewing for a good long while ....whatever works, I guess

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home