Absolutely Incredible

Wednesday, August 03, 2005

My landmarks

So my landmarks, right .... the hills and mountains that God has led me over and the valleys He's pulled me out of, here goes: It's not in chronological order or anything ...it's just as it comes to my head ... for the most part, it's landmarks in faith ...but in the end, it'll be landmarks in life, I guess

I'm in UI .... fellowship and for some reason they want me to lead Bible study for my dorm ... I'm a jambite, none of the other ppl in my fellowship that live in my dorm are jambites ... it just feels unfair ...I mean, some of then are in their 3rd year, wetin I wan say to them? So I'm worrying my pretty little head ;) and I go to church on Sunday .... and I get to read Jer 1v7 which says: do not say I am only a boy, u will go wherever I send u and do whatever I ask u to do ..... after that I no fit yarn ...we had Bible study ...and I led it.

Then I had to get a visa to come to yankee ... I went for the interview, but I did not have an I-20 and I wanted an F-1 visa (that's funny, right?) .... but guess what? I got it. It's a long story ...but I got it.

Before I went to LU, while I was still in Nig o, y'know I was kinda scared abt leaving EVERYTHING and coming here ... I was going straight to school, they had lost my aunty's address in Buffalo, so it was strictly me and God ... and I prayed, many many times .... that I wud have a good roommate, one who I could truly be friends with .... and while yeah, the girl and her alarm clock vexed me like crazy in freshman year .... that friend/roommate that I asked for has become one of the very very best friends I have in the world .... and I'm thankful (hol ya head, no let it swell).

Landmarks .... this man told me that int'l students do not go to medical school ...but we're in ...me and ono, og, jubril, tinu, tracey, kimberley ...we all got in .... thru many diff miracles ... and the impossible becomes possible once again.

When I had to tell George Bush that I no fit .... it was not working for me ... and I told God ...that I wanted to ...but this my liver was failing me ...and I asked for help , someone to hold my hand while I do the deed ...and it just so happened that Julie drives up and takes me home ...chills and we yarn ... in the end she sits with me while I call and prays with me after when I act like I just cut off my own arm by myself ....

when God somehow convinces me that Isaiah 58v12 is the ... like calling for my life

and when I'm reading Romans and I suddenly truly see that for real o .... NOTHING can separate me from the love of God that is in Jesus ....nothing today, nothing tomorrow ...everything else may come and go .... and they may take everything else from me (whoever they are) .... but they cannot separate me from this love ....

that OMA once said I had this gleam in my eyes as I talked abt God (hmmm), and TR says he considers me the quiet voice of wisdom ... that G has a relationship with God that i respect ... that I have friends like BS ... there's not many friends like BS ... he's one of a kind (ladies, this is a paid advertisement lol) but for real, and he's a fine boy too ... for those of u moving to ATL soon ...better call me

ok ...for now that's the landmarks ...pray, share some of ur landmarks with me ...

5 Comments:

  • At 9:05 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    U know what? you just inspired me to compile the landmarks in my life too and I have this feeling I am seriously going to need it. Thanks a lot !!!

     
  • At 7:31 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I'm sure it will help.
    T

     
  • At 7:38 AM, Blogger Omoba said…

    oh ... I hope u're planning to share some of these landmarks with the rest of us, you said yes, right? ose.

     
  • At 10:22 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    ??? er, I have lived??? I'm waiting to read ur post ... and I'm writing sad poems today ... call me if u're feeling blue ...I can get u even bluer :) but only today.

     
  • At 6:46 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    no I'm not feeling nlue anymore. I'm orange now

     

Post a Comment

<< Home