Absolutely Incredible

Tuesday, June 21, 2005

Edumare soro mi dayo :)

Hello ppl ...
yeah, I know u heard ...temitayo is a medical student .... ha! yes, I'm still in the very tripped stages ...tired but tripped ...y'all know the story about the call et al ... so I'll leave that out.
BUT got to Meharry monday morning - they lied to me tho, classes actually start next week. S'up with that? Also they have a Ms. meharry ... thot we were like deadly serious med students who didn't have time for such frivolities - she's a 3rd year dental students ... and they're going to have Mr. meharry soon, I'm thinking of running.
oooh! and we have rites of passage ...this must be my punishment for continually rolling my eyes at Babatunde! need to call him and let him know ...maybe his brother runs the rites over here ...I shd look into that.

I feel some type of way that they have to ask us not to wear short shorts and halter tops ...thot we shd all know that by now ... and then the dean is yarning ...and she says ... "u'll go get fitted for ur white coats" haaaa!!!! and we all lost it ... hehe. yes, tayo gets her white coat ....

That was monday, today we took tests!!!! that were checking our study patterns/habits, critical thinking abilities ...anyway, I apparently need to adjust my attitude towards my education, cos it ain't good enuff! But Ono says we've always known this.

yes, I feel like I'm finally beginning the process for which I left my family and came to this green-grassed land ... like we finally get to the point of the story ... all the preamble is over ....and u know I'm mad grateful to God .... sometimes I'm walking down the road ... and I just say it to meself ... I'm a medical student ...and my heart bows in gratitude to my Father .... cos they told me I couldn't do it o ... but here I am ...b/c my God does the impossible.

yeah, I'm still officially enrolled in Akron, ask me why I haven't called them yet,
my former landlord threatened to sue me this morning :) so I had a little upset for like 10 mins,
still finding a place to stay,
need to get transcripts from akron, scared they might want me to pay my fees for the summer first ...
but hey! I'm in med sch :) ...all these are microscopic thorns on a gigantic rose ....all u church-going ppl - feel free to share my testimony with ur church folk

There's 2 other nigns, 1 ghanian, 1 tanzanian, 1 camerounian and one trini in my class ... couple white ppl, one 43 yr old woman ...
so classes start next week ... but we don't have a list of books yet ....anyhow, I'll let u know how it all goes - hopefully :)

1 Comments:

  • At 11:32 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Enjoy yourself and bask in the joy for real work is about to start but I trust you'll dish it out like no other....later

     

Post a Comment

<< Home