Absolutely Incredible

Wednesday, August 03, 2005

Catching up

PPL ...so much has happened the past couple of days ...but it's been mostly good. Not sure when last I was here ... but it was before my near-fatal exam :) That was what is known as a bloody exam ... but I'm thankful ... it was last Friday, and b4 the exam I had told God that regardless of what happened during the exam, I was going to come back and say thankyou ...which I did .... one of them was better than the other .... and we start again next week ...aparently this was just the appetizer ...and God is going to lead me thru the rest of it ... He brought me here ... He'll keep me here ... my money's going to come in on time ...and it will all be well ...
OK so we don't have classes this week, right ... and I had decided that I wasn't going nowhere ...I needed a break from running around (this is how ppl get old) and I wasn't travelling to any of the many places I could go to ... so I'm just ...chilling, right? for a week when everybody goes away ..and then saturday, my ppl in ATL call and say come down for some thing in their church ... there's this prophet guy around who knows God and hears from God and He's calling ppl out and stuff ... now I thot this was really interesting b/c it's HIGHLY unusual to have a free weekend, with a completely free week coming up ...and then get an invite with an all-expense paid trip ;) to this really cool conference-type thing ....so temi-t gets on the bus o (I need to buy shares in greyhound) and I went to ATL.

NOW ATL this wknd .... is one of them times that becomes a landmark in one's life ... times to remember for good ... from the extremely dumb and stoopid jokes, to CHURCH (I'll go into detail in a bit), to good old friendships .... to stuff that happens when u yarn abt the things in ur head that u've always just left in ur head ... it was a good time ... and now I'll tell u all abt it ...

we'll start with church ....awesomeness, man! This ppl's pastor (I stayed with Bayiwa and Biodun), that woman ....hmmmm, kinda person if u're going to her church and u no dey grow ...u get problem. She was just praying, right .... but then it just made me feel that WAY too often we mistreat God ...and treat Him like He's one of us .... I mean, yeah He did come down as a man ...but He's GOD ....the Bible says our God is a comsuming fire ...the fact that He's our friend doesn't change the fact that He's GOD ...many of us don't treat our fathers like we treat God or our grandfathers at least .... there was this deep reverence, like she had seen Him .... and obviously ...He's one that makes u bow b4 Him simply b/c He is ....I don't know ...
and then the prophet man ...he talked about thanking God for our challenges ....b/c it means we get to grow ... and we shdn't sit and complain ...but we shd stay in the place of praise (which is where God dwellls) and then he talked abt landmarks ...the impossibles in ur life that God had made possible, and abt keeping track of these things so that next time u faced an impossible u wld remember that God brought u thru these former impossibles ...and He ain't changing His name or His address ... it was good ...nourishment for my spirit ...beautiful times in his presence (even tho i was tired).

Then the dumbness of my ppl .... these boys they said I shd come into the room to see a pix (sounds shady already, right?) and then the boy closes the door to the room (shadiness!) so he shows me the pix I want to see, boy #2 is outside ...I see the pix and I'm returning to the living room from whence I came ...temitayo opens the door but lo and behold it leads nowhere ....but I just came in thru this door ... and now it leads to nowhere???? HOW??? Ofcourse I'm backtracking into the room fast, I'm in too much shock to pray sef ... I'm about to start a major freak out session ..and then the olodos start to laugh ...ah! but that was a good one, I had to hand it to them ... they had gone to get a comforter, and one of them held it over the door ...so whenI opened the door ...all I saw was the comforter ....not the hallway like I shd have ....majorly freaky ....but this is copyrighted ...so u're not really allowed to do it to ur friends without their permission.

And then the yarns in ur head .... u know it's really interesting that when something is in ur head ...it's kinda cool, u can move it around every now and then (yeah, it's parable time) ...but then when for whatever reason u share it with somebody else ...it suddenly seems to take on a life of its own complete with a personality and all ... I'll let u know how this one goes ... I know I no get liver, but we'll see ...trust in the Lord with all ur heart and lean not to ur own understanding, in all ur ways acknowledge Him and He will direct ur path.

So I'm back in school sha ... and I had a good wknd,
Ono started school
OG is ...being OG, I guess ...
TR continues to be a source of K encouragement ... and he says he trusts me (To be trusted is a greater compliment than to be loved)
BS set me up! but it will hopefully turn out well, just don't want stuff to get messed up ...
and my mummy's coming!!!!!!! She called me this morning, not sure when yet ...I haven't seen her in 5 yrs so I'm kinda excited abt that ....

I'm in a good place, I'm thankful ....

Oh, and I've had some one liner-type conversations taht made me smile recently, thot I'd share ...

BS: The ball is in ur court
me: we're calling a time-out
(the time-out's still on, we're conferring with the coach)

BA: Howz ur boyfriend?
me: I killed him, howz urs?
BA: He killed himself

Alright ppl .... be good

1 Comments:

  • At 11:25 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    S'all love, OG
    me

     

Post a Comment

<< Home