Absolutely Incredible

Friday, February 01, 2008

I am not my hair

I am not my hair ...but in many ways ...I am actually. I AM my hair - full of life and energy; totally uncontrollable, with a mind of its own. If u can work with the challenge it presents: absolutely amazing, otherwise: exasperating. In good hands ...boundless, limitless ...totally. Maybe I WANT to be my hair :)

Hair that is not mine lol ok I have never ever subscribed to the weave idea ...I have taken great pride in the fact that the hair on my head grew out of my head and it looks damn good (most days)...but recently ...I bought a wig ...a crazy wig that's obviously not my hair (but some GIRLS thot it was!!!) and I think it's a liberating experience (yeah, I make everything deeper than it is) - but like cutting off all my hair ...rocking the hair that's mine cos I paid for it has a totally different feel. It's almost like - in allowing myself to be fine w/ the "paid for" hair ...I'm joining another group of women...almost like pledging lol cos I have let go off my preconceived notions about hair ...I have opened my mind to this other world...it's weird, I know, but it's kinda cool :)

1 Comments:

  • At 7:03 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Welcome back and welcome to the sisterhood of those who rock fake hair proudly :)

     

Post a Comment

<< Home