Absolutely Incredible

Sunday, December 17, 2006

The Whole Love Thing

OK, it has come to my attn that some of u may be loosing sleep over my love story – but as I said, I have thot abt it and here are my thots.

OK, “in love" vs. “loving”
In love …can’t eat, can’t sleep, can’t stop thinking abt him, the good things are the things that involve him, and everything else is a drag …. Now it’s perfectly legit …and while in the past, I considered it just pure stoopidity, I have come to acknowledge that … y’know, sometimes – it just is. And while I can fight it, it doesn’t change it. It doesn’t change the fact that u feel ur world light up when u see him et al. It just is –it’s what u feel and there's nothing u can do abt it!

And then loving … this is where u are a thinking man/woman. While yes, there’s feelings et al, ur brain is living and active – perfectly functional and u can’t throw it out. It’s the part where u need to reason, where u stop and think; u figure out who u are and what is impt to u and then u look at Olufineboy and u examine the situation: Who I am and what I want, what I have to offer Vs. who he is, what he wants and what he has to offer. Yeah we do make compromises cos that’s what life is abt …
In Big T's words ….
Love is calculative, mathematics its best friend
We don’t just jump into it, but instead we examine the trends
We learn from experience, the scars of our past
We start to love less and think more, just so it lasts


Something must have happened to me cos I used to think more w/ the LOVING part b4 … and then I found meself IN LOVE and threw everything out the window …but that brain part is so impt …it’s the part where u respect/admire this person’s life goals, views on life, where he stands on the impt issues and WHY he stands there … The place where u’re so looking beyond the way he smiles, and the way he looks into ur eyes, and the way he holds u … Where u look INSIDE him and what u see makes u go MAN!!!!!!!
Of course I have found that when u’re IN LOVE, too many things just LOOK good -all that love is blind crap …omo, it’s not blind. It can’t afford to be ….if it’s blind, it’s gonna crash. Just stop, and engage in some objective evaluation of ur love …
SO yeah, by now u’ve figured that I was "in love" …but I’m done …after careful, objective observation …and once again – that’s just the way it is … I’m out.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home