Absolutely Incredible

Sunday, September 16, 2007

This is Lagos!!!

Ok, so we all love Lagos (if u don’t, you're just a hater). Recently I was talking to some Nigerians and I heard that when you're driving into Lagos, the “welcome” sign says “THIS IS LAGOS” as opposed to welcome to abakaliki or okokomaiko lol …ok as opposed to welcome to Ibadan or Warri …it’s like …this is it …u’ve heard abt it, it’s time to see it …THE destination …and I thot it just added to the flare of Lagos …cos think abt it …

If someone says …welcome, it’s like we’re gonna attempt to make u comfortable …we’ll do things a li’l different cos we want u to enjoy ur stay and come back again ….but THIS IS LAGOS …that’s like ….omo this is who we are …love it, hate it …come back if u like …but this is Lagos ….

And y’know …taking it home …I’m in this “THIS IS TEMITAYO” phase; yeah it’s beautiful to welcome ppl and make changes to accommodate them and everything …but you know what, this is ME …yeah, I’m in love with Donnie McClurkin and Denzel …I probably listen to more gospel than most ppl …I find country music entertaining/funny (I live in Nashville) and I do not have any idea what Kanye’s last album was. The good Lord loves me and I’m loving Him back …and I kinda enjoy that. God looks out for me like CRAZY, I’m learning to trust that when he says whatever, He’s actually on my side! lol I love kids and smiling ppl … gonna marry some guy some day just cos he won't stop smiling at me. I have wonderful friends …I like simple things, I’m a simple person (or so I tell myself) …

…anyhu …so like Lagos …this is Temitayo …love me, hate me …call me back if u like ….but this is me!

Peace!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home