Absolutely Incredible

Saturday, August 20, 2005

Aduragba :)

'YOU WILL SEEK ME AND FIND ME WHEN YOU SEEK ME WITH ALL YOU HEART.' JEREMIAH 29:13

Want to improve your prayer life? Francois Fenelon, a 17th century French clergyman, tells us how. Listen: 'Tell God all that is in your heart, as one unloads one's heart, its pleasures and its pains, to a dear friend. Tell Him your troubles that He may comfort you; tell Him your longings that He may purify them; tell Him your dislikes that He may help you conquer them; talk to Him of your temptations that He may shield you from them; show Him the wounds of your soul that He may heal them; lay bare your indifference to good, your depraved taste for evil, your instability. Tell Him how self-love makes you unjust to others, how vanity tempts you to be insincere, how pride hides you from yourself and from others. If you thus pour out all your weaknesses, needs and troubles, there will be no lack of what to say. You will never exhaust the subject, for it is continually being renewed.
'People who have no secrets from each other never want for subjects of conversation. They do not weigh their words for there is nothing to be held back. Neither do they seek for something to say. They talk out of the abundance of their heart. Without consideration they simply say just what they think. When they ask, they ask in faith, confident that they will be heard. Blessed are those who attain to such familiar, unreserved communication with God'

I like that last part ...sorry I've just been posting like I've been - ki se jomi ... I have had to attend to other matters recently, and the things I've been posting are kinda like the things that are holding me up .... but I like this prayer thing ... got it in my email today ...

for u beautiful non-yoruba folks
aduragba - like "the prayer was heard/answered" or sometin like that
and I actually knew a guy in Lag whose name was aduragba! There was also Olugbo (which means God heard) .... deep sometins .... my atl ppl have cool middle names like that - gbekeloluwa (which means like rest ur heart on God) and adehunoluwa (God's promises) ....

in yorubaland where every next person is tolu (hehe) and sola and nike and tunde ... I think it's cool that some ppl still pay enuff attn to give their kids such deeply cool names. Not that there's anything wrong with tolu or bola ...or tayo .... but ...it's cool to step out of the box ....so I'm looking for names for my children ... but ebi n pami sa ....

Yeah ... and my friend TG who got married recently, I'm trying to convince her to hurry up and have a child so the child can grow and be in my bridal train (see ono, I've become good) ... where we shall all be wearing gold dresses :) cos white is so overdone.

ok, any incoherent statement on this posting ... is attributed to EXTREME HUNGER .... Grab a Snickers bar!
Lara!

2 Comments:

  • At 10:44 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    C'mmon tizzle - the name is Tolu is deep shizzle, and it's not common - it's for the creme da la creme - Ono must not see me murdering french like this...any incoherent yarns here (and somehow I'm thinking u are saying when do I even say anything that's coherent) is due to extreme fatigue...I dey go crash...later

     
  • At 8:05 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    hey peeps,
    Ok extreme hunger and fatigue- what do I have? I'm well fed, mumsie is around. I've slept well the past few days- again mumsie is around. Am I worried abt my test tommorrow that I'm not prepared for? Good question. Let me go study now before Failure will happen to me. peace and I like the deep names- Tolu is too common.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home