Absolutely Incredible

Tuesday, September 20, 2005

A different perspective

ok ... so in my not-so-christian moments, I have sometimes wondered how it seems that all these other ppl in the world who don't send God seem to be doing fine without Him, and I send God and yet I stress like a .... and I just wonder, like ...I don't get it ...I'm sposed to be unstressed and they're sposed to be stressed...
But I was talking to some of my friends today and this guy was talking abt how when he's stressed, he can go to God and spend time there and come away knowing that EVERYTHING will be alright ...somehow ...b/c God doesn't jabo us ....and how he feels sorry for ppl who don't have God to turn to ...they just kinda go thru life like that ...on their own .... no one to let them know that, for real, it will be fine ...b/c He's God and He's got it all under control ... EVERYTHING ...
SO if in my knowing God et al, I choose to sulk and cry when life gets interesting ... as opposed to going to my source ... and getting His take on stuff, well, that's kinda my fault. But the fact is that He is here and I have access to Him, regardless of what comes up in life (God bless Dr. J) ... and it is well ....with anatomy and everything else.

BUT anyways, the perspective change, or as the good ppl of GLI say, the 'paradigm shift' :) is that I have a Rock :) that I can turn to when life gets awry, and wondering how ppl who don't have a rock can function ... they have to function. The fact that they're not falling apart in front of me does not mean they're not falling apart ... and the idea is for those of us who (because of grace) know God or have some kind of relationship with him .... to be willing to share our Source with others ... cos (fortunately) we can't run out of God :) there's enuff of Him to go around!

Yeah, I know u guys have always known this ... and u wonder how come I'm just seeing this now ... to see thee more clearly, love thee more dearly, follow thee more nearly ...day by day ...AMEN!
Later :)

1 Comments:

  • At 4:30 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    sorry, havent been here in a while. But u know the more broken u are, the more u lean on God and trust him the stronger u are. So people taht dont know Him may seem stronger but inside they're empty:) Thats my take on it. BTW, I saw my 1st patient today and corecttly diagnosed his problem. We WILL make it thru med school, BGG.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home